We Don’t Waste believes nutritious food should go to people, not landfills. We Don’t Waste reduces food insecurity and waste by rescuing high-quality food at no cost from venues, caterers, distributors, and restaurants, then delivering it free of charge to local hunger-fighting agencies. We Don’t Waste is a fast-growing and high-impact nonprofit organization that addresses hunger and food waste through an innovative recovery model.
Last year, We Don’t Waste distributed nearly 30 million servings of food (10 million meals) to nonprofit organizations serving food-insecure families and individuals. In doing so, we diverted nearly 4,000 tons of food from area landfills.
Fill a Plate for Hunger
Denver Botanic Gardens
Remember We Don’t Waste on Colorado Gives Day
December 4, 2018
We Don’t Waste relies on the community to support its mission. We do not charge a fee to food donors or nonprofit recipient partners to pick up or deliver food, meaning all of our support comes from the community. Please consider investing in our efforts to recover and redistribute quality excess food, which has the dual benefit of feeding hungry families and helping the environment. Available giving opportunities include:
• Monetary Donations – At an extremely efficient cost of $0.05 per meal, your financial contribution to We Don’t Waste has a significant impact on your community. Gifts can be made online, over the phone, or via mail.
• Monthly Donations – Consider making monthly contributions to We Don’t Waste, supporting our growing efforts to recover more food and feed more people. Monthly donations can be made online or through your workplace giving program.
• Sponsorships – Sponsorships are a great opportunity to support the community while gaining recognition for your company. Sponsorships are available for events or specific initiatives.
• Donations of Stock – Donating stock can be a great way to support We Don’t Waste with a larger gift than you may be able to contribute in cash, while still maintaining the associated tax benefits of the gift.
• In-Kind Contributions – If you are in the food industry, consider donating your excess food to We Don’t Waste. It’s a simple, convenient, and impactful way to support your community.
To donate, or for more information, visit www.WeDontWaste.org/Donate or call 720-443-6113 ext. 102.
We Don’t Waste greatly values the time offered by community volunteers, including individuals and groups. Available volunteer opportunities include:
Distribution Center Volunteer – Help sort, organize and repackage food at We Don’t Waste’s new Distribution Center.
Broncos Game Food Recovery Volunteer – Collect food from the suites at the football stadium after each Broncos home game
Special Events Volunteer – Assist We Don’t Waste with community events that help to promote or accomplish the organization’s mission.
Office/Special Projects Volunteer – Accomplish a variety of internal tasks ranging from filing/organization efforts to research projects.
Please visit www.WeDontWaste/volunteer-signup/ to learn more and sign up.